I have been asked by a few people how to write a basic letter of objection.
You can use the green bullet points on the flyer –
- damage to Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – irreversible landscape loss and visual impact
- loss of prime grade 2 agricultural land
- another large development outside the village boundary
- more traffic, congestion, fumes – heavy construction traffic through village centre
- highway safety – saltbox road, bissom road, waterings road
- further pressure on village infrastructure – school, amenities
- potential for flooding – saltbox road, penoweth, waterings road and the playing field
and use your own words to describe what you mean.
It doesn’t have to be long. You can refer to national planning policy framework but if that is daunting, don’t worry, it’s the planning officer’s job to do that.
The important thing is to object to –