- Facebook page for Saltbox (and nearby) residents to discuss the proposed planning application. Requires Facebook membership to view. (Please note that you can also add comments on any article, and most pages, on this public website without needing to register)
- Pre Application for Saltbox Close Development on Cornwall Council’s Planning Portal. n.b. all documents relating to this are available from “related documents” link on that page, direct link given here for your convenience. Public comments are apparently not allowed, but consultee comments are visible here.
- Full Application for Saltbox Close Development on Cornwall Council’s Planning Portal, and open for public comment till (at least) January 13th 2017. n.b. all documents relating to this are available from “related documents” link on that page, direct link given here for your convenience.
- To make your objections to the proposed Planning Application carry more weight it is recommended that you refer to National Guidance and Legislation. We have distilled the various publications to main points in this document – click here to open it
- Excellent report by Cllr Fiona Ferguson on Mylor Parish Council Public Planning Meeting about PA16/10635 on 14th December 2016
Who to contact
- Mylor Parish Council website. Includes contact details and minutes and agendas of meetings.
- Councillor John Symons was elected on 5th May 2017 as our representative on Cornwall Council as Ward Councillor for Penryn East & Mylor, replacing Tony Martin (who was also a member of the Central Sub-Area Planning Committee)
- Cornwall Council Planning pages, includes contact information.
Officer in charge of PA16/10635 is Chantal McLennan Chantal.Mclennan@cornwall.gov.uk (Senior Development Officer, Planning and Enterprise Service Cornwall Council – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Newton MP (for Truro and Falmouth constituency). Statement re over-development on this page on her website sounds encouraging.
- If Traffic is your particular concern, then the person to copy into any correspondence is Huw Gibbon. He is the officer in the Highways Department with responsibility for this proposal. His email address is email@example.com
- See also Andrea’s article posted here on this website for direct email addresses
Documents produced by Saltbox Residents
- Handout for MPC Councillors at public meeting on 14th December illustrating visibility and access problems associated with PA16/10635 – click here to view document (PDF)
About Planning objections
- How to object to a planning application – useful document (PDF).
- Planning Help (CPRE) – website on the planning process
Please share other useful links as comments so we can add them to this page